Probation Violations Representation

The old Rolling Stones song "Under My Thumb" comes to mind when describing probation violations. You have few rights; no right to a jury, and almost no right to ask for a new judge. The judge can and will do whatever he wants if the Probation Department or State's Attorney's Office files a violation of probation because of either a new offense, or a failure to comply with the terms of probation.

Mitigate, mitigate, mitigate is the name of the game. Proving you were in your bed, asleep after curfew is difficult if not impossible. Proving you are the caregiver to children, volunteer at a church or go to school is a possibility that may change the judge's mind. Knowing what judges are likely to do in these situations and making the defendant look as good as possible is often the only real chance a client has at remaining on probation and out of prison.

Fighting For You

Experience matters; Albukerk & Associates have over 18 years of experience putting their clients in the best light. Call Albukerk & Associates today at 773-234-8923 for a free consultation, or contact us online to see how we may be able to forestall a term of incarceration for you.