Doctors, surgeons, nurses, pharmacists and other medical professionals all have an obligation to uphold the highest standards of safety and care when working with patients. Mistakes do happen, however, and these mistakes often are at the expense of a patient's health.
In the most severe cases, patients may suffer fatal injuries, leaving their loved ones to pursue a wrongful death claim on their behalf. Many more cause a lifetime of pain, suffering and limited mobility — all of which the injured person and his or her family could recover compensation for.
An Understanding Of Medical Law And The Negligence That Leads To Injury
At Albukerk & Associates, we offer vast trial experience and an in-depth knowledge of medical records and procedures to help medical malpractice victims recover compensation for their injuries. Arrange a free initial consultation with Chicago attorney Nick Albukerk to discuss whether your injuries warrant a medical malpractice claim for:
- Surgical errors: Errors that happen in the operating room, such as operating on the wrong body part, preventable infections caused by unsanitary conditions, spinal cord injuries, severed nerves or organ punctures
- Medication errors: Errors that happen when prescribing or administering medication leading to overmedicating, undermedicating, damaging drug interactions or prescribing the wrong drugs
- Failure to diagnose or failure to treat: Errors that happen when investigating symptoms, ordering tests (failure to perform tests), reading test results or recognizing the telltale signs of an injury or illness, particularly in terminal illnesses like cancer
- Birth injuries: Errors that happen in the delivery room that may cause harm to a child or mother, including oxygen deficiency, uterine rupture, improper use of medical equipment like forceps or failure to recognize fetal distress
- Hospital negligence: Errors that happen as a result of hospital-wide procedures, such as in negligent medical equipment maintenance, lack of hospital personnel training, emergency room errors, inadequate staffing or failure to monitor and supervise patients or hospital workers
- Indifference to a medical need: Negligence or deliberate actions that result in civil rights violations. This is often seen in cases of prisoners not being given proper medical care due to prison officials' indifference or malicious intent in not providing medical care.
Uncovering The Truth In Allegations Of Medicaid Fraud
Billing insurance for medical services is complicated and full of opportunities for mistakes. Insurance can end up being billed for services that were not provided, which leads to doctors, hospitals and care professionals being investigated for Medicaid fraud.
We understand how complex medical law and insurance billing are, and we have devoted a significant part of our practice to helping uncover the truth when medical professionals have been accused of Medicare or Medicaid fraud. We can investigate and defend against accusations of double billing, billing for phantom visits, falsifying credentials, billing for unnecessary tests and more.
Do You Have A Medical Malpractice Claim? Contact Albukerk & Associates.
Medical law and medical malpractice cases demand significant legal resources, knowledge and time. Therefore, we are selective in the cases we take on. When you contact our Chicago law office, we will help you understand the merits of your case and whether it is worth pursuing a medical malpractice claim.
Reach our Illinois attorneys online or by telephone at 773-234-8923 to arrange a meeting. We handle cases throughout Chicago, Cook County and surrounding areas of Illinois.